Wix Gives $50,000 for a real SEO Hero
Wix Needs a Hero
Sites like WordPress are popular website builders who offer excellent SEO capabilities, and seamless site creation. Wix, an online CMS platform, and easy-to-use competitor also allows you to build your website in simple steps. The website builder provides templates to help you start a simple one-page site or an elaborate e-commerce web page.
Attaining high ranks in the SERPs is an uphill task. Over the past years, SEO professionals are becoming less enthusiastic when it comes to using Wix as the primary SEO platform. Most prefer starting from scratch, and despite the changing opinions about Wix’s performance on SERP improvement, the company has not yet been able to change the general view.
However, the facts may be changing soon… At least they would like to influence them to
It seems Wix was carefully analyzing adverse comments on various forums as it recently announced an SEO contest worth $50k. They are competing against the world! In a move to try and prove that Wix is the best tool for SEO, the company decides to take SEO professionals on a 4-month contest sometime between Mid-November and Mid-March. Wix also noted that Evan Hurwitz, CEO of MRKT360 INC, will be scrutinizing the entrants to ensure no one uses unethical SEO techniques (such as black hat methods) to increase rankings. Well, with such massive amounts for the winner they probably know what they are doing.
How do I enter the contest?
All the Wix “SEO HERO” contest rules are on their website, available for download. Below are the main requirements for this SEO HERO competition:
- The Domain name must be new and not in any way obtained from an already registered domain name.
- Registration of the domain name of the Hero Website takes place on or after November 16, 2016.
- The rules guide the site’s content (it should be in English, should not contain explicit or religious content, it should not degrade Wix in any way and should follow Facebook guidelines too).
- The Hero Websites must comply with Google Guidelines for SEO (black hat techniques are highly discouraged).
- Entry is open until December 16th
- Eligible contestants are only from US-friendly countries.
In a nutshell, your content must be in English, explicitly use white hat techniques (make sure you provide your Google Analytics and search console to prove this), and the domain name should be purchased solely for this occasion.
How is the winner determined?
The following criteria will be used to determine the winning SEO Hero Website:
- The moderator will conduct a total of 6 search events for the term “SEO HERO” via Google Search. Taking place between March 13, 2017, and March 15, 2017, every day at 12:00 PM ET (noon), and 8:00 PM ET.
- Out of all the Hero Websites participants, those with first ranking on Google’s organic Search (excluding local search results) will be noted by the moderator.
- The Hero website with the maximum number of Search Events shall be concluded to be the winning Hero Website of the Contest and the winner of the Contest shall be the participant who owns such website.
- In the case of a tie, an additional 7th search will be conducted on March 16, 2017, at 12:00 PM ET (noon). Out of the selected final Websites, the website which shall come out first after the search shall be determined to be the Winning Hero Website.
- So, you have to rank first most of the time between March 13th and March 15th to be announced as the winner.
The Grand Prize
It is quite simple if you win; you get a $50k price. If you don’t, you need to be among the top three to receive any form of a cash prize. Otherwise, if WIX wins, $25k will go to charity, and it will share the remaining $25k to the 3 Alternate Winners who rank 1st, 2nd, and 3rd after WIX website.
- If you win and are ranked first over Wix you get $50k in prize money
- If Wix wins, but you manage to be among the three other winners, then you will get $8333 in prize money.
So, if you create a web page from any platform, search optimize it for SEO HERO, outrank Wix’s domain and comply with all the participation rules, including Google’s guidelines you are a winner!
Technically you have to put endless hours of effort in SEO boosting, but that is the price for a whopping $50k, if not the $8333 for the three alternative winners. Once again Wix has offered a unique opportunity to all SEO professionals willing to showcase their skills by taking part in the challenge. Interested SEO professionals should take note and start registering domains as early as mid-November.
We will be closely monitoring this competition, as there are still certain guidelines about Wix’s requirements and strategies that we are already prrrrrretty sure will be unfairly stacking the deck in their favor — but more on that later.